Our mission at Theodore Judah Elementary School is to promote confidence and responsibility in our students through an enriched and engaging approach to teaching the core curriculum. The staff works together with our community partners to create an environment where people feel valued and safe so that each student can develop the skills to access core curriculum and to meet grade level standards. Our emphasis on problem solving, critical thinking, strong communications skills and appreciation for diversity provides all of our students an avenue for success in the 21st century.
August 30, 2017 FIRST DAY MESSAGE
Welcome Back Bears!
I can’t believe that tomorrow Judah’s doors will be open for another year of great learning and fun! We have anxiously been waiting for your return. I hope you all had an amazing summer and I can’t wait to meet you. I am incredibly excited to begin my first year here as the new Principal at Theodore Judah! This promises to be a year filled with opportunities for all of our students as we strive to find ways that we can be even better than we have before! We embark on this journey with a pledge to you, our students and parents, that this will be a year of engaging, meaningful and rigorous work in our classrooms, combined with special events and extracurricular activities, to encourage our students to be involved and stay connected!
During the 2017-18 school year, we will continue to build upon and refine our proven foundation of good work, honored traditions, and continued excellence in education. Our staff of highly qualified professional educators and support personnel is committed to providing our students many opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. We invite and encourage students and parents to work in partnership with us to seize opportunities in all facets of our school.
We look forward to a very positive and productive year together! We extend a special, yearlong invitation to our families to join us at school activities and events whenever possible. We want . . . we need . . . and we value your involvement and support in your child’s education! Your active participation is key to the success of your young Bear during his/her elementary school years. Please know that we highly value home/school communication here at Judah. It is vital and plays an integral role in each student’s success.
Again, we welcome you back to our wonderful learning community . . . a place alive with much energy, enthusiasm . . . and a high standard of excellence! It is, indeed, a place where opportunities abound! Here’s to an AWESOME new school year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!
Just a few reminders (especially for our new families):
- First Day of School is Early Out Thursday: Primary 1:07PM, Intermediate 1:12PM
- Breakfast begins at 7:45am
- Core Values: RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, SAFETY….and always LEARNERS !
- There should be two morning bells: (8:00am Intermediate, 8:15am Primary)
- Past practice has been that all student that are playing on the field and playground should freeze and then walk safely to their designated classroom line up spots and wait for teacher to greet them for arrival. There will be supervision to help guide our new comers through this process. For primary scholars, there will be designated spots outside their classroom doors and teachers will model this during the first days of school.
- Kinder students having breakfast will be escorted to their classrooms from Ms. Cortenie
- Please refer to our bell schedule for arrival/dismissal times
- Attendance is very important so please be on time as we have a rigorous bell to bell schedule. We are learners at Judah.
- Please park your cars in the appropriate spots and be sure not to block neighbors driveways
- Please be sure to read through handbook and First day packets as there is important information to be read/filled out.